Secluded Hunting Property & Home In Northwest Kansas
This incredible property is located between Jackson Branch and Brush Creek just southwest of Hill City, and has been strictly managed to attract and hold trophy whitetail deer and turkeys over the past couple years. This turnkey property is complete with a recently remodeled 4-bedroom, 2 bath home, large equipment shed, detached garage, and many other improvements that make this a one of a kind option as seasonal hunting getaway, or a full-time residence. Extensive time and effort have been spent on creating multiple food sources and constructing hunting setups that allow easy access for both archery and firearms deer hunting. Over 45 acres were planted to warm season sorghum blends and late season brassica, turnip, and radish plots this past year. The acreage bordering the food plot to the North consists of very tall grass and several locust trees that have served as perfect rubbing posts for mature bucks over the years. This extensive area of quality cover is a high traffic area for deer travel and serves as a perfect deer bedding area overlooking the creek bottoms below. Mineral sites and deer feeders have been strategically established throughout the land to maximize the health of the area whitetail herd. A tower blind and several treestands are in place making this property ready to hunt from day one! The results of these many improvements are evidenced by the trophy bucks and strutting toms that have been captured on trail cam and harvested from this property in recent years as well as the significant amount of deer sign throughout the property. This is an incredible opportunity to purchase a completely turnkey hunting property with the amenities of a relaxing and peaceful homesite, outbuildings, and even a full line of high-quality food plot equipment that can be purchased in addition to the property. All that at a bargain of a price! Contact the land specialist today before this property is sold!
- Located 5 ½ miles southwest of Hill City and only 3 ½ miles west of HWY 283 5 ½ miles southwest of Hill City and only 3 ½ miles west of HWY 283
- 45 acres of cropland was planted to a PF sorghum & millet blend with a few acres planted to turnips and radishes in 2018. This very large food plot was a magnet for whitetail deer, turkey, and upland birds throughout the past year
- 67 acres of excellent grass cover and wooded areas provide great habitat for whitetails
- 20 acres at the very north end of the property borders Brush Creek and features several locust trees with very tall grass all across this acreage. This portion of the property is a main travel corridor for whitetail deer and also provides tremendous bedding cover. A tower blind has been strategically placed along the edge of this bedding area and the food plot to the South creating a perfect vantage point for deer traveling between bedding and food
- Property is bordered by Brush Creek and Jackson Branch creek on three sides. High population of deer and turkey in this area. Excellent whitetail deer genetics
- 170+ class whitetail bucks on this property in the last couple years. Check out the trail cam photos
- Beautiful home on the property features 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths. The home was completely remodeled in 2003 and new carpet and a full bathroom renovation was completed in 2017. Very cozy home that is perfect for a getaway lodge or a full-time residence
- Unfinished concrete basement is very clean and provides additional storage space
- Large equipment shed provides adequate space for storing large and small equipment and plentiful work space
- Detached garage allows space for vehicle storage and additional items and equipment
- Chicken house that is in tip top shape
- Located at the end of a maintained county road. Very secluded and one of the most peaceful properties you will ever visit
- Incredible whitetail deer and turkey hunting
- Tower hunting blind located on the 45 acre food plot overlooking the creek bottom valleys below! Excellent vantage point for hunting deer during all phases of the season
- Multiple deer feeders throughout the property
- Extensive shelter belt of mature trees north of the farmstead is lined with additional food plots and treestands are in place for bowhunting the many deer that frequent this area. There is deer sign all over throughout the tree row!
- Deer rubs and trails all over this property
- Items within the home are negotiable
- Owner has a full line of food plot equipment he is willing to sale as well including a 2011 John Deere 5075E Tractor with bush hog mower, 9 ft disk, JD grain drill, drag harrow, bucket and forks. Also a 2013 Polaris Ranger that can be purchased.
- Real estate taxes on the entire property were less than $1,600 in 2018
2320 L. Road, Lot#WP001
Hill City, Kansas 67642