Excellent Wildlife Habitat In East Central Kansas
Here is a attractive quarter section just 3 miles from Overbrook that is a perfect mix of healthy grass and thick native timber that is ideal for hunting and recreation. If you are looking for big timber with cedar thickets, thick brush, hardwoods, and understory cover, then look no further. This property is excellent wildlife habitat, with a nice pond providing year round water, established trail systems, and is bordered to the north by neighboring row crop. When visiting this property, I saw mallards on the pond, kicked up a covey of quail behind the dam, and have pushed out both deer and turkeys. Needless to say there is a variety of quarry to pursue. There is an old stone foundation, that is supposedly the remnants of a old brothel house that was located off of the Santa Fe Trail. This property has been plotted into four separate 40 acre tracts making it an excellent investment property if you want split off parcels for build sites down the road. Rural water and electric are accessible and the property is located only 1 mile off of 56 highway on S. Paulen Rd. With great exterior fences, metal gates and healthy grass for grazing, this property is cattle ready and is income producing. For more information, or to schedule a showing, give the listing agent a call.
- Plotted to four 40 acres tracts, selling as a 160 total
- Thick timber providing excellent cover
- Healthy grass, nice pond and good fences, cattle ready
- High density of wildlife
- Several old remnants of stone structures and old hand dug wells supposedly from the Santa Fe Trail era
- Variety of native trees including some hardwoods along the west boundary
- Less than 1 hour from south Kansas City
- 22 minutes west of Baldwin City
- 35 minutes southwest of Lawrence
- 30 minutes from Topeka
- 5 minutes from Overbrook
E 149th St.
Overbrook, Kansas 66524