Secluded Hunting Habitat Near Solomon River
- Interactive Map
Some of the very best hunting habitat in Kansas can be found within the region between the two forks of the Solomon River in the North Central part of the state. This area is characterized by a terrific combination of cropland, brushy native grassland, wooded draws, the occasional timbered creek bottom, and unmatchable seclusion that allows the area wildlife to thrive at an optimal level.
This particular farm is located within 1 mile of the North Fork of the Solomon River and features every checklist item needed to hold, attract, and grow trophy whitetail deer! The seclusion of this farm makes it one of the premier hunting properties in the area. Mature whitetail bucks commonly find refuge within the perimeters of this farm once the hunting pressure and farm activity along the Solomon River increases. Early season deer hunting can be very good, but this farm shines extraordinarily during the late rut and during late firearms season when the deer have moved more into the hills and look for more hidden food sources and bedding habitat. The large draw running through this farm is loaded with tree cover, tall grasses, brush and thickets, and is bordered on both sides by fertile, productive farmland (part of this property).
With over 134 acres of cropland, this property has plenty of food for the deer and upland birds during the fall hunting seasons. These tillable acres also provide good income return from the farm as well. The remaining 266 acres of land consist of fenced native grass which is overgrown with trees, brush, and thickets. The grassland provides great bedding habitat for deer but is an even better habitat for quail, which are at an all-time high population in this area. There is a nice 1+ acre pond at the South end of the property providing steady water for the wildlife. These grass acres can also be utilized for grazing cattle to generate a little extra revenue from the farm.
With hunting setups and feeders already in place, this farm is turnkey and ready to hunt, just in time for deer season! Contact the listing agents today for more information and to schedule a tour of this great farm. It looks even better in person!
- Located 8 +/- miles SW of Phillipsburg, KS
- 8 +/- miles west of Kirwin Reservoir
- Less than 1 mile south of the Solomon River
- Boone and Crockett Trophy Whitetail Deer in this area
- Very secluded location, but only 3 1/2 +/- miles west of HWY 183
- Excellent tree, brush and thicket cover
- Several cedars scattered throughout the grass acres
- Northern section of the grassland is a large sanctuary for whitetail deer with plentiful tree cover and tall grass bedding cover
- Mature cedar lines run along the outside of the cropland on each side of the dry creek bottom allowing for great ambush spots and hunting setups
- 134.12 +/- acres of cropland providing income from the farm, as well as excellent secluded food sources for the whitetail deer in this area
- 82.60 +/- acres currently planted to milo; 51.52 +/- acres of tillable land is currently fallow
- 266 +/- acres of grass, trees, thickets, and brush with minimal road frontage
- $11,350 of annual income from cropland and pasture rent
- 1.25 +/- acre pond at the south end provides great water source for wildlife and livestock
- Large wooded draw running through this property eventually feeds into the Solomon River to the north. This is a main travel corridor for mature bucks in this area
- King Ranch trailer blind overlooks the entire wooded bottom
- 5,000 lb gravity deer feeder
- 3,000 lb timed feeder
- Grassland is fully fenced
- Completely loaded with quail
- Seller owns 100% of the mineral rights. All mineral rights will transfer to the buyer
- 5 +/- hours from Denver, CO; 55 +/- minutes from Hays, KS
West 200 Road, Lot#WP001
Phillipsburg, Kansas 67661