A+ Hunting Farm Bordering The Solomon River & Webster Reservoir
- Interactive Map
This is an excellent opportunity to own an outstanding property in one of the best hunting areas in the state. This property is situated in a very wildlife-rich environment bordering the Solomon River and a short walk from Webster Reservoir. Webster Reservoir features over 3,700 acres of open water offering excellent fishing and is located in the Central Flyway for migratory birds. The Solomon River has long been known as one of the top whitetail deer and Rio Grande turkey hunting destinations in the entire United States.
This property is fully equipped and turnkey with a permanent tower blind and wildlife feeder in place. It is loaded with good cover and habitat for deer, upland birds, turkey, and even waterfowl. Several plum thickets, cedars and extensive brush create the ideal situation for upland birds, in one of the best upland hunting areas in the entire Midwest!
With its prime location bordering the Solomon River, one can only imagine the type of bruiser whitetails that will show up on this farm in the fall. Slate Creek winds its way through this property for over 1/2 mile before eventually dumping into the Solomon River to the South. This creek bottom serves as a very heavily traveled corridor for local whitetail deer.
This area also happens to be a hotspot for waterfowl enthusiasts, as it’s a common stopping place for thousands of ducks and geese during the great migration. This property has many qualities that will catch the eye of the hardcore waterfowler. An oxbow of the river hooks into the Southern boundary of this farm, creating a large slough that is commonly loaded with ducks in the winter. A small pond is located just to the north of the creek bottom providing another excellent water source for wildlife.
It would be an understatement to say that finding a property for sale with all these great qualities is very rare, especially this close to Webster Reservoir. Contact the listing agents today to schedule your viewing of this great hunting farm.
- 12 +/- west of Stockton, Kansas
- Located 1/2 mile north of Webster Reservoir; 1/4 mile south of HWY 24
- Borders the Solomon River
- Slate Creek runs through the property for nearly 1/2 mile
- Pond located north of the creek
- ASF tower blind on 5’ base
- 2000 lb gravity feeder
- Excellent areas for food plots and larger crop fields
- Water well and electricity on the property
- 5 +/- acre slough located where the Solomon riverbed oxbows through the Southern boundary of the property. Excellent waterfowl hunting in this portion of the property in the winter
- Large cottonwoods, cedars, plum thickets, and other trees provide great habitat for whitetail deer, turkey, and quail
- This is very reputable for trophy whitetail deer area along the Solomon River
- Incredible quail habitat with thickets, brush, cedars, and excellent native grass throughout the entire property
- Great sites for building on the property w/ water and electricity readily available. Incredible views of the river valley and Webster Reservoir from the hilltops
- Fully fenced with multiple gated entrances
- Within 45 +/- minutes of Hays, KS; 4 ½ +/- hours from Denver, CO
6 Road, Lot#WP001
Stockton, Kansas 67669