Outstanding Hunting Farm Bordering Solomon River
- Interactive Map
This is an excellent opportunity to own an outstanding hunting farm in one of the best areas of Northwest Kansas! This property is situated right next to the Solomon River, in Rooks County, within a short walk to Webster Reservoir. Webster Reservoir features over 3,700 acres of open water offering excellent fishing and located in the Central Flyway for migratory birds. The Solomon River has long been known as one of the top whitetail deer and Rio Grande turkey hunting destinations in the entire United States. This farm is a hotspot for both deer and turkeys throughout the hunting seasons, and this area is also very popular for waterfowl enthusiasts as it’s a common stopping place for thousands of ducks and geese during the great migration. This property has many attributes that will catch the eye of the hardcore waterfowler. An oxbow of the river hooks into the southern boundary of this farm creating a large slough that is commonly loaded with ducks. Slate Creek winds its way through this property for over 1/2 mile before eventually dumping into the Solomon River to the south. A small pond is located just to the north of the creek bottom providing a nice little fishing hole to enjoy during the spring and summer months as well. The upland fields of this property feature tall grass varieties and large patches of plum thickets with some scattered cedars. It’s high likely that a stroll with the bird dog in the fall will lead to flushing a covey or two or quail. It is rare to find a property for sale with all these great features, so close to Webster Reservoir! Jump on this opportunity and contact the listing agents today to schedule your viewing of this excellent hunting property before it’s spoken for!
- 12 +/- miles West of Stockton, Kansas
- Located 1/2 mile North of Webster Reservoir; 1/4 mile South of HWY 24
- Borders the Solomon River
- Slate Creek runs through the property for nearly 1/2 mile
- Small pond located north of the creek
- Water well and electricity on the property
- 5 +/- acre slough located where the Solomon riverbed oxbows through the southern boundary of the property. Excellent waterfowl hunting in this portion of the property.
- Large cottonwoods, cedars, plum thickets, and other varieties of trees provide great habitat for whitetail deer, turkeys, and quail
- This area is very reputable for trophy whitetail deer along the Solomon River. The use of food plots and feeders on this farm will attract dozens of deer from the thousands of acres of public land at Webster wildlife area bordering to the south.
- Great sites for building on the property w/ water and electricity readily available
- Fully fenced with multiple gated entrances
- Within 45 +/- minutes of Hays, KS; 4 ½ +/- hours from Denver, CO
6 Road, Lot#WP001
Stockton, Kansas 67669