Recreational Tract With Cabin In Central KS
- Interactive Map
Whether you are a local or have been around the area of Gypsum, you may be familiar with this property as so many are. Located just southeast of Salina, Gypsum Valley Sporting Clays has been the place to go for many years when it comes to shooting clays, hunting, or participating in a coveted European shoot. While this property isn’t being sold as a business, the locals would love to see someone come in and continue to operate the facility they have enjoyed for years.
When it comes to recreational opportunities on this farm it seems to be endless. The current owner has done a tremendous job in managing wildlife. With thick grass and timbered draws, tillable acreage providing food, and low pressure, the deer feel comfortable on the farm year-round and flock onto the property from neighboring farms. Typically, the owner sets pheasants for hunting, but when it comes to quail there are multiple coveys that call this property home. There are only so many allowed to be shot per year and the population has boomed. If you are a turkey hunter, there are plenty in the area and you will have no trouble filling tags come spring.
As far as the habitat is concerned there is a great mix throughout the property. Approximately 70 acres have been broken out into tillable with the soils being Class II and III Longford silt loam. There is not a lease in place as the owner and farmer has a separate deal worked out between them, but the new owner would have the choice to work out a lease or farm it themselves after the sale. Some acreage has been fenced out for cattle or other livestock and some grass has been hayed this year, but a majority of the native grass has been left for cover. It is plenty thick and provides excellent bedding and habitat for deer and upland game. Thickly timbered draws make excellent travel routes for deer and break up the property for multiple rifle or bow hunting opportunities. Also, on the property is a small half-acre to three-quarter acre pond that is loaded with fish. While not very big, it is over 15 feet deep and I’ve been told one can catch a fish about every cast.
Being that this was a sporting clays facility, there are multiple buildings that come with the sale of the property. Starting with the “club house,” this 21x40 Cleary building features a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and the rest of the interior open for tables and seating. The outside also has a concrete patio that provides extra outdoor seating as well. Next, there are two cabins on the property. The first is a 3 bed/1 bath cabin that features a full kitchen and open living area. 2 Bedrooms are located on the main level and a private loft provides extra room on the second level. The other cabin has 1 full bath, a small kitchen and living area and an open loft for sleeping. For storage, there is a maintenance building that has a large office area and 2 separate garages. One garage has a built-in car lift for easy vehicle maintenance. Lastly, there is a 30x50 dirt floor barn for large equipment storage.
As mentioned before, the possibilities with this farm are endless. The place is currently set up to run a clay shooting course with electric outlets along the timber for clay throwers as well as a shooting house with inside and outside lights for shooting at night. The European tower is in great shape and ready for the next shoot. The clubhouse is perfect for family gatherings, corporate meetings, or to rent out as a wedding venue. The larger cabin has been rented out for $800/month in non-hunting months and could continue to be. This property is ready for your next big idea. For more details on the buildings or land, or if you would like to view this property in person, please give the listing agent a call to set up a private showing.
- From Gypsum, 3 miles west on KS-4 and 1 mile south on S Niles Rd
- 13 miles SE of Salina, 87 miles N of Wichita, 70 miles SW of Manhattan
- Excellent hunting property with deer, pheasant, quail, and turkey opportunities
- European pheasant tower on the property will provide great hunts year-round
- 31x40 Club house with full kitchen, two bathrooms, heat/A.C., outdoor sitting area
- 3 Bed/ 1 Bath cabin with full kitchen and open living area
- Small cabin with 1 bath, kitchen/living area and loft
- Maintenance shed with office space and two garages with one including a lift
- 30x50 Dirt floor pole barn for equipment storage
- Shooting house was previously used for clay shooting, but is currently set up for long range shooting
- Fenced areas to run cattle or other livestock
- 70 Tillable acres currently in production and previously planted to milo
- There is currently no income or lease in place on the tillable acres with a private deal worked out between the seller and farmer; a deal can be worked out with the current farmer or the buyer would be free to do what they please after the sale
- Remaining acreage consists of thick native grass and timbered draws
- The native grass has been hayed in a few spots, but the bulk was left alone providing excellent cover for pheasant, quail, and deer
- The owner has strictly managed this place for hunting purposes and it will provide a great piece for any recreational buyer
- Believed to be 100% minerals will transfer to the buyer, there is no production on the property
- 2019 Taxes were $7,637.92 currently zoned as commercial; If not running a business, this property can be re-zoned agricultural and the taxes will go down considerably
- Call for more details
7702 S Niles Rd, Lot #WP001
Gypsum, Kansas 67448