Diverse Habitat With Good Hardwood Regeneration In Western KY
When I am walking a property, very little gets me more excited than flushing a covey of wild quail. It’s not because I love quail hunting; it’s because I love deer hunting! Any property that can provide the needed habitat for quail to survive is also going to provide some fantastic deer hunting opportunities! Less than five minutes on this great tract, I walked right through a small covey of wild quail, and immediately came to appreciate the diverse habitat in place on this piece of ground!
Prior timber harvest has taken this tract to the next level from a hunting standpoint. The cover on this ground is just what a large whitetail is looking for when “house shopping”! Not only does this provide the security that all animals desire, but puts a high tonnage of natural browse within the boundary lines. The three building blocks of any hunting property are food water and cover, and with the wet weather creeks, this tract checks all boxes!
A great trail system is in place, making for easy access throughout the grounds. These trails are perfect for quiet walks to your November deer stands and make for great travel corridors for large and small game alike. They provide an easy route to take your kids on their first squirrel hunt and enjoy the great outdoors with your family.
There is a lot of hardwood regeneration, meaning the future for this farm is very bright. As that canopy starts to close, while you may lose some of the covers and browse aspect, you will gain hard mast as the timber matures. This will keep food sources within the boundaries for years and years to come, and provide you with your piece of the American dream to enjoy nature, and all it has to offer.
If you are looking for a great hunting property, this is it. Established food plots, trails, and a diverse habitat are sure to help you make memories for years to come. Call today, and schedule your private showing!
- Diverse habitat in place with good hardwood regeneration
- Good bedding with a high tonnage of natural browse
- Target rich property with large and small game
- Topography makes for fantastic funnels, pinch points and ambush sites
- Approximately 5 +/- acres of food plots
- Easy access with multiple trails throughout the property
- Ag fields on surrounding properties provide addition food sources near by
- Accessed by deeded easement
- Private and secluded
- 30 minutes from Owensboro
- 45 minutes from Bowling Green
- Approximately less than 2 hours from Louisville and Nashville, TN
Halls Creek Road, Lot#WP01
Olaton, Kentucky 42361