Old Saginaw Lode Mining Claim
- Interactive Map
This mountain retreat is the ideal place to enjoy privacy and recreation. Situated inside the Beaverhead -Deer Lodge National Forest this property provides the ultimate source for all recreational activities. With unique mining history, this Patented acreage was run as a copper ore mine between 1914 and 1916, and when copper prices spiked in the early 1940s the mine was briefly opened again. Remains of old mining cabins and equipment are still present on the property showing a glimpse of this great states’ history. The one-room cabin could make the ideal hunting camp or family retreat. The cabin is in good but rustic condition and features a wood stove for heat. Located in hunting unit 329 (General License) there is ample hunting opportunity for elk, moose, whitetail deer, and mule deer. Seeming endless mountain roads provide amazing views and a great place to horseback or ATV ride. There is a spring located on the east side of the property providing some water for domestic use. Area attractions include Jackson Hot Springs that has both dining and lodging opportunities. Numerous opportunities exist in SW Montana for the very best fly fishing in the country. Van Houten Lake is a short 3-mile drive from the property.
- U.S. Forest Service inholding, unlimited recreational and hunting opportunities
- Surrounded by the Beaverhead Deer Lodge National Forest
- Patented acreage
- Ultimate privacy and seclusion
- Hunting unit 329 N
- One room (560 sq ft) cabin great for camping or using as a base camp for hunting
- 13 miles South of Jackson
- Seasonal access by vehicle, year-round access by snowmobile / track machine
- Spring on east side of the property
- Jackson has amenities such as Jackson hot springs, lodging, restaurant, general store
- Other area attractions include Van Houten Lake and Selway Mountain with elevation of 8898 ft.
Saginaw Road, Lot #WP001
Jackson, Montana 59736