Gorgeous Log Home With Indoor Pool, 6 Car Garage, Timber & Wildlife
- Interactive Map
This beautiful, handcrafted Scandinavian style larch log home shows off the natural beauty of log construction at its finest. Privately situated well away from the road, this custom-built 3 bedroom, 3 bath home offers the new owners so much as a unique family home or amazing retreat. Set off the main living room, with a gorgeous gas fireplace adding additional coziness to the main living area, the kitchen features custom-built pecan wood cabinets, granite counters and floor to ceiling pantry cabinet. There is an office/den which could also be used as another bedroom on the main floor. Nature is celebrated throughout, including carved wildlife scenes on the main stair risers, as an example of the craftsmanship of this home. Upstairs all the bedrooms have vaulted ceilings with skylights, which add an airy and spacious feel. The Master Bedroom suite features its own private balcony and bath, with both a whirlpool tub and walk-in shower. The second-floor laundry room is conveniently located between the bedrooms. A walk-out basement is finished with an additional recreation room/additional bedroom and a large workshop area. The house is heated by a geothermal heating system which is efficient, cost-effective and environmentally sustainable. There are two decks off the main floor which provide options for relaxing and ample room for entertaining family and friends. Continue the fun in the Pool house featuring the 13’x30’ heated pool, a separate half bath with changing area and a wall of glass doors leading out to a large patio area with a fire pit. Plenty of storage space is provided in the 6 bay two-story garage, with an additional bay featuring an extra height overhead door enabling storage for RV’s, equipment, or boats. An extensive ATV/hiking trail system provides easy access throughout the property. Heavily used whitetail deer runs are noted in several locations, as QDMA is practiced by many residents in the area allowing bucks to mature. The mostly wooded lot has marketable timber, mainly ash, cherry and maple along with softwoods including white and red pine. Wild apple trees are mixed into the property adding to the diversity. There are several fields on the property that offer perfect locations for food plots or use for hay, pasture for horses, or other livestock. One ~7-acre field is currently planted to corn, leased by a local farmer, and provides additional agricultural tax reduction. A nice ridge cuts across the property providing ideal wild turkey roosting and drops down into a deep ravine with a stream including multiple waterfalls. Heavily used deer runs parallel both sides of the ravine and provide an excellent location for tree stands on either side of the ravine. Skaneateles Lake is located only 14 miles from this property, as are nearby Otisco and Owasco lakes, providing many options for outdoor water sports on these renowned, pristine Finger Lakes. Greek Peak Mountain Resort is located nearby with year-round activities including downhill skiing, snowboarding, zip-lining, and mountain biking. Snowmobile to nearby trails that connect with the NYS trail system. Bear Swamp State Forest with 3539 acres is just over 3 miles away with additional hunting, fishing, camping and a 14.3-mile multiple-use trail system for family-based cross-country skiing, hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking along with 12.5 miles of maintained snowmobile trails. Amenities, restaurants & shopping are located within minutes of Homer and Cortland. Ithaca is located only a half-hour away, home to Cornell University, Ithaca College and the longest of the Finger Lakes, Cayuga Lake, which is 38 miles long; second largest in NYS and provides water sports, beaches, as well as outstanding fishing for trout, bass, perch, northern pike and Atlantic salmon. Downtown Syracuse is an easy commute of just 35 miles; while Binghamton is 53 miles and New York City/George Washington Bridge is only 3.5 hours away.
- Immaculate, custom quality-built 3 bedroom, 3 bath Scandinavian style Larch log home, with custom kitchen, office/den, gas fireplace, walk-out basement with a recreation room/additional bedroom as well as workshop, with good cell service and high speed internet
- Master bedroom suite features a private balcony and bathroom with both whirlpool tub and walk in shower
- Vaulted ceilings with skylights in all the bedrooms provide an airy & spacious feeling, while the second floor laundry room offers convenience
- Geothermal heating system is efficient, cost effective and environmentally conscious
- Mulitple decks provide choice areas for outdoor relaxing and entertainment
- Indoor 13’x30’ fiberglass heated pool built in 2001 features a half bath changing area, skylights and built-in surround sound for maximum enjoyment. A wall of sliding glass doors brings the outside “in” and leads to a large outdoor patio with a firepit.
- RV Parking area with dump station
- Oversized, two story, 6 bay garage with additional workshop area, also features an additional bay with extra height overhead door providing room to store RV’s, equipment or boats. Second floor provides additional storage.
- 2138’ +\- of stream runs through this property
- Trails through the property provide easy access and heavily used deer runs indicate whitetail hunting opportunities.
- Nice timber on the property with marketable ash, cherry and maple along with future timber growth, along with softwoods including white and red pine.
- Fields on the property offer perfect locations for food plots, or use for hay or pasture for horses. ~7 acre field currently planted to corn, leased by local farmer provides additional agricultural tax reduction
- Nice ridge cuts across the property providing ideal wild turkey roosting, and drops down into a deep ravine with a stream including waterfalls.
- Heavily used deer runs parallel both sides of the ravine offer excellent location for tree stands on the sides of the ravine.
- Property is located only 14 +\- miles from Skaneatles Lake as well as nearby Otisco and Owasco lakes providing many options for outdoor water sports and recreation on the renowned, pristine Finger Lakes.
- Greek Peak Mountain Resort is only a half hour away with year round activities including downhill skiing, snowboarding, zip lining, and mountain biking.
- Bear Swamp State Forest with 3539 acres is just over 3 miles away offers additional hunting as well as fishing, camping as well as a 14.3 +\- multiple use trail system providing family-based cross-country skiing, hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking and in the winter there are 12.5 +\- miles of snowmobile trails
- Located 9.9 +\- miles from Cortland and Ithaca only a half hour away, home to Cornell University, Ithaca College and the longest of the Finger Lakes, Cayuga Lake, which is 38 +\- miles long; second largest in NYS and provides water sports, beaches, as well as outstanding fishing for trout, bass, perch, northern pike and Atlantic salmon..
- Easy commute to Syracuse in 35 +\- miles, Binghamton is 53 +\- miles and New York City/George Washington Bridge is only 3.5 +\- hours away
92 Brown Hill Road, Lo# WP001
Homer, New York 13077