Beautiful Ranch With Two Ponds In Northwest OK
- Interactive Map
Big Whitetail Potential! The area surrounding Griever Canyon has long been known for its trophy bucks, some exceeding 200”!
Here’s a chance to own a ranch that encompasses a large stretch of Griever Creek with beautiful bottomland running along its edges. Griever Creek runs through the main canyon and is fed by numerous spring-fed streams as it makes its way towards the Cimarron River. The bottom is overlooked by beautiful hardwoods including Cottonwoods, Chinaberries and Elms. But, the beautiful large Oaks lining the canyon edges are the highlight.
The ranch holds a diversity of wildlife. In addition to great whitetail hunting, there are mule deer in this area. Sportsmen will also enjoy excellent Rio Grande turkey hunting. The mature hardwoods provide excellent roosting sites. Areas of the ranch contain great quail habitat as well. There are two ponds on the property that will likely hold some ducks in the Winter.
There are approximately 130 acres in total of ag-ground that can be broken out and planted to alfalfa, wheat, and/or milo. If a buyer were to plant crops, it would be the only food source in the area and would pull deer for miles.
The ranch is fenced and cross-fenced with good water for cattle.
The ranch has been in the family for over 100 years. The remnants of the old homestead are still there. There is electricity and water here, providing a buyer a perfect setting for a country home, lodge or barndiminium.
The area in general offers additional attractions. It’s within 45 min. of Canton Lake and only a short drive from 4 State Parks;
- Boiling Springs State Park
- Gloss Mountain State Park
- Little Sahara State Park
- Alabaster Caverns State Park
The property offers buyers a rare opportunity to mold and improve their own ranch with unlimited potential. Don’t hesitate to contact Steve with any questions or to schedule a showing.
- Excellent Hunting: Whitetail, mule deer, Rio Grande turkey, quail, predators, hogs
- Water and electric
- Lodge or home location
- Live Water – Griever Creek, spring-fed streams
- Fenced and cross-fenced with good water for cattle
- Secluded location
- Great access on several Gyp Lease roads
- 2 ponds
- Cropland areas
- Surface only; minerals do not convey
- 22 miles south of Waynoka
- 32 miles west of Fairview
- 38 miles southeast of Woodward
- 65 miles southwest of Enid
- 1 1/2 hours northwest of Oklahoma City
RR. E46 Rd., Lot #WP001
Fairview, Oklahoma 73737