Wooded Hunting Tract In MFL Closed Program In Northwest WI
- Interactive Map
A great hunting parcel in a neighborhood with proven potential to produce 160-inch bucks in the fringe Country of Northwest Wisconsin! Every hunter knows there are key ingredients required for a property to grow and hold trophy deer: food, water, and shelter, a lot of shelter! Well, this parcel, adjacent swamps, and forests have everything needed to grow and hold the bucks you are after. The property is in the MFL Closed program so taxes are extremely low and as a result of an early MFL timber cut, a nice trail system was built. This area is well known as a sleeper and the deer sign attests to the strong herd that is present. I saw tons of tracks both in the interior of the property and in the adjacent cut corn that the area has in abundance. Add in the thousands of acres of public land that is lightly hunted and this is a sportsman’s paradise. I personally own a farm only 1.5 miles to the west and can attest to the quality deer and the QDMA attitude of the neighborhood. Give Listing Agent Neil A. Hauger a call and take a tour today!
- MFL closed program
- Taxes are approx. $136.57
- Excellent habitat with the bonus of about 20 ac of fallow field for a future food plot or annual crop tent
- Within miles of thousands of acres of public land nearby there is a ton of hunting for large groups
- Area is known to produce 160-inch bucks. 130-150 inch deer are common
- I met a hunter this year who killed a massive 280-pound live weight buck on public land. That is huge!
- Due to the large expanse of public land these local deer have a chance to get old
424 335th Ave, lot#WP001
Frederic, Wisconsin 54837