Recreational Farm Along Middle Raccoon River In West Central IA
Whitetail Properties Real Estate is proud to present this pristine recreational property along the Middle Raccoon River. Large solid tracts of mature timber rarely come up for sale in this river valley because most of the timber is either state or county-owned between Panora and Redfield. This is your opportunity to purchase that rare property that has it all! There are multiple future building sites for a home, cabin or pole building. The hardwood timber and cedar thickets provide excellent habitat and security cover for mature whitetails and great roost trees for wild turkey. There are multiple locations for wildlife food plots that would only further increase the holding power of this farm. The dramatic changes of elevation in this farm really make it hunt BIG and that topography funnels how the deer move through the property to the neighboring agricultural fields. For more information about this property or to schedule a showing, please call the Listing Agent. Private showings by appointment only.
- Nearly 89.5 acres of mature hardwood timber consisting of multiple varieties of oak, hickory, elm and walnut
- 4.61 FSA tillable acres with a weighted average CSR2 of 71.9 (AgriData, Inc. 2019)
- Tillable acres could be cash rented in 2020 to provide some income for the property. Farm tenancy is open for 2020 farming season
- There are multiple locations to build your future dream home, weekend cabin or even a pole building
- Some of the tillable acres or the naturally existing open areas of the farm could be converted to annual or perennial wildlife food plots to increase the farms attractiveness to wildlife
- There are a number of harvestable black walnut trees on the property. Removing these trees would not only generate income for the farm but would improve the future habitat for wildlife
- This property has more than ½ mile of Middle Raccoon River frontage with state managed river access points up and downstream from this farm. This is one of the premier kayaking/canoeing rivers in IA and this farm is in one of the best stretches of the river
- Sellers will be providing two different ingress/egress easements for the subject property so that additional foot (Easement 2) and ATV/UTV (Easement 1) access is available to the farm to improve hunting on prevailing wind directions. (See map or call Agent for details)
- Only 42 miles to West Des Moines, 50 miles to Carroll, 52 miles to Boone and just under 100 miles to Council Bluffs, IA.
- Zoned Agricultural
- Panorama School District
- Property Taxes: $112 (2018); the taxes are extremely low because the timbered acres have been enrolled in Forest Reserve and are now tax exempt
248th Trail, Lot #WP001
Panora, Iowa 50216