Scenic Property With Whitetail History And Building Potential
- Interactive Map
This scenic property has everything needed to grow and hold big whitetails and also has an awesome building site that is less than 100 yards off a paved road! With approximately 200 acres of mature timber and brush, this farm has the ability to hold lots of deer and the heavy sign is proof that there are good deer numbers now. There are approximately 43 acres of quality tillable with an average CSR2 of 54.4. One of the fields is totally secluded and offers as good of a late-season food plot location as you’ll find. The owners have been leaving several acres of standing crops in this field for years so the deer pile into this property late season. For the last 14 years, the property has only been bow hunted when the owner has drawn a tag. No more than one mature buck has been taken any given year so the age structure on this property should be incredible. The owners have put in a very nice trail system to access stand locations in the timbered sections of the property. There are 3 different creeks on the property, 2 of which emerge on the south side in a big bottom. This area should be a major travel corridor for rutting bucks. This property is in an area close to Fairfield that is known for producing big whitetails and it’s convenient to Iowa City and Cedar Rapids compared to most southern IA farms. There are access points from the NE corner via gravel road, the west side via a level B road, and an easement, and the SW side has access off a paved road with a very short gravel drive to the corner of the property. There is an excellent building site in the SW corner with utilities available. Call Rich with questions or to schedule a showing.
- Located 5 min SE of Fairfield and 15 min W of Mt Pleasant
- Approximately 43 tillable acres with an average CSR2 of 54.4. This type ground should rent for around $150/acre or more
- Excellent access for all wind directions and sections of the farm
- Property has been managed for 14 years by the current owner. It hasn’t been hunted every year and has only been bow hunted during this time. Several nice mature bucks have been harvested but never more than one in a given year
- Several acres of standing corn or beans have been left every year in the center field so the deer are trained to winter on this property. With around 200 acres of timber on this property, it will be easy to hold deer on this farm late season with good food sources. I can show you where to leave the food and the late season hunting will be a slam dunk
- Excellent archery farm with numerous inside corners, pinch points, and creek crossings
- Beautiful terrain with numerous ridges, drainages, and lots of south facing slopes for winter bedding
- There are big flat ridges in the timber with high quality soil that could easily be cleared for additional food sources if desired
- 3 creeks and a hidden pond in the timber provide all the water needed
- The access to the center field is via an easement across the neighbor’s land
- This farm will also provide turkey, small game, and predator hunting opportunities
- There is an ideal building site in the field on the SW corner of the farm. This spot is just off a paved road with less than 100 yards of gravel to the corner of the property
- Taxes are approximately $2064/year. The north 80 of timber is in forest reserve. If the rest of the timber was enrolled in forest reserve the taxes could be reduced significantly
2350 Pine Ave, Lot#WP001
Fairfield, Iowa 52556
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.