Small Farm With Multiple Building Sites And Diverse Hunting
- Interactive Map
This is what so many buyers are looking for now. A smaller affordable property with great hunting and a building site on a paved road. This property is located just off Highway 1 in northern Jefferson County and would be convenient to Fairfield as well as Washington, Iowa City, and Cedar Rapids. The entire property was planted in trees approximately 30 years ago. It’s surrounded by open farmland so it’s a sanctuary for the majority of the wildlife in the immediate area. The owner has done several habitat projects in the past few years to improve diversity and hunting. A food plot was cleared in the SE corner of the property and draws in lots of deer. The timber is comprised of a variety of hardwoods as well as pines. Some areas have had timber stand improvement projects and shrub plantings. See the habitat improvement map. There are thousands of walnut trees on the property that should have significant value someday! Check out the attached trail cam pics from this farm. It’s hard to believe that a property this size has had so many mature bucks on it! The owner also reports that there are good pheasant and quail populations and turkeys as well. A seasonal creek flows through the NW corner and there is one promising location for building a nice pond, which would be the icing on the cake for this property. There are multiple building sites you can build close to the road or in the middle of the property for complete seclusion. This property is a blank canvas in terms of where you could build a pond and house or cabin. This property likely won’t last long. Call Rich with questions or to schedule a showing.
- Located about 10 minutes N of Fairfield IA on a paved road just off Highway 1
- Multiple building sites for a home or cabin with utilities available
- Diverse hunting history. Check out the trail cam pictures
- The trees on this property were planted approximately 30 years ago. Hardwoods and pines create nice diversity. Thousands of black walnuts were planted which should have significant timber value someday
- Habitat improvements (TSI and shrub plantings) have been done in the past 2-3 years! See habitat map for details on what was done
- A food plot in the SE corner of the property looks to be about 1 acre and could be easily expanded if desired. A tower blind located on the E side of the food plot stays with the property
- This farm has very high-quality soils and the average CSR2 of the entire property is 69.5
- A seasonal creek cuts through the NW corner of the property. A drainage through the northern half of the property looks to be a great site for building a pond. There are potential building sites that overlook this location
- This farm offers deer, turkey, pheasant, quail, and small game hunting
- The entire property is currently enrolled in the forest reserve program so there are no property taxes
110th St, Lot#WP001
Richland, Iowa 52585
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.