Managed Hunting Property With Cabin In Southeast Iowa
- Interactive Map
This turnkey property has so much to offer and has been well-managed for years by the current owner! It is located on HWY 218 south of Mt Pleasant. There is a small hunting cabin on it but it also has some potential building sites. The property is almost all timber and has a year-round creek flowing through it. The timber is a mixture of mature walnut, oak, and hickory and is also planted with hundreds of black walnut trees. There is definitely current value in the timber but the planted black walnuts should have significant value someday. The terrain is varied with high flat ground on the east side and a bluff that drops down into the creek bottom. A nice trail system provides access to all parts of the property. There are multiple proven stand sites and current tree stands will stay for the new owner. There is a barn next to the cabin for equipment storage. If you’re looking for a smaller property that’s a proven whitetail farm, you’ll want to look at this one. Call with questions or to schedule a showing.
- Located about 15 minutes south of Mt. Pleasant off HWY 218
- Properties with paved road frontage are definitely in high demand and this one has potential building sites if you’re looking for a property to build a home on.
- Has been managed for mature whitetails for years and has a proven history
- Check out the trail cam and harvest photos
- A 30 x 30 1 bed, 1 bath cabin offers the perfect hunting camp
- A 30’ x 70’ barn adjacent to the cabin provides a place to store equipment and hunting supplies
- Very nice timber with numerous large mature walnuts that definitely have timber value now
- There are also lots of mature oaks and hickories, including a couple of the largest oak trees I’ve ever seen
- The most unique aspect of the timber is that it has been planted with hundreds of black walnut trees that are doing really well and should someday have significant timber value
- Based on the size and quality of natural walnuts on this property, it’s obviously very well suited for growing walnut trees
- Year-round Sugar Creek winds through the property creating a great water source for wildlife and excellent funnels and creek crossings for whitetail hunting
- There is a small pond (less than a ¼ acre) on the property that looks like it would be sufficiently deep to provide some fishing opportunities (it is not known if there are currently any fish in it)
- The owner has created and maintained a nice trail system that provides access to the entire property
- Excellent turkey hunting with numerous large roosting trees throughout the property
- This is a turn-key property and the owner will be leaving a 2006 Suzuki 4 wheeler, several other implements, cabin appliances, and trees stands
- At some point in time this land was a mink farm and there are a couple of buildings west of the cabin formerly used for raising mink that offer additional storage for outdoor equipment
- Property taxes are currently around $370/year
180th Avenue, Lot #WP001
West Point, Iowa 52656
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.