Whitetail Haven Within The Woods & Wetlands
- Interactive Map
Nice sized wooded property situated near neighboring agricultural properties, which attract whitetail and other wildlife, while this parcel provides a haven for cover and bedding down. This is one of those properties where old swamp bucks get big in the dry areas within this private space. Utilizing QDMA (National Deer Association) management practices for improving whitetail deer habitat, this spot has the potential to be an even better property for holding mature bucks in this area. Deer sign was evident when this property was recently walked. There is some hardwood timber on the property which consists mainly of maple and cherry, A properly managed timber cut would create additional underbrush and browse so attractive to whitetail, small game and birds. This hunter’s getaway is located only five miles from Turning Stone Resort & Casino is five miles away and provides all the vacationer could ask for: world-class restaurants, golf, sports complex for tennis, spas, hotels, RV park, nightclubs and continuous entertainment with the casino and shows. For more wildlife and fishing, 871 acres of hunting for whitetail, wild turkey and waterfowl is available at the Rome Wildlife Management Area just 3.6 miles from this property and Oneida Lake Public Boat Launch is just 20 minutes away with the largest interior lake in NYS, renown for outstanding fishing for walleye, yellow perch as well as largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, chain pickerel, northern pike, tiger musky, longnose gar and lake sturgeon among others. Verona Beach State Park (1735 acres) offers a public beach, picnic area, swimming, camping, hiking, as well as more hunting. Amenities and shopping are close by with Verona 1.5 miles and Rome 7 miles away. Conveniently close to the NYS Thruway, Syracuse is 30 minutes to the west and Albany is one hour 45 minutes. NYC / George Washington Bridge is just over 3.5 hours.
- Nice size parcel made for whitetail hunting
- Neighboring agricultural fields attract wildlife to area, parcel provides good cover for bedding
- Some mixed hardwoods, mainly maple & cherry
- Turning Stone Resort & Casino - 5 miles +\- away from world class entertainment, golf, tennis, spas, hotel, RV Park, restaurants
- Rome Wildlife Management Area - 871 acres 3.6 miles +\- away
- Oneida Lake / Verona Beach State Park (1735 acres) public boat launch on NYS largest inland lake, public beach, camping, hiking, swimming, picnicking
- Amenities and shopping only minutes away
- 7 miles +\- to Rome, 30 miles +\- east of Syracuse, 1.75 hours +\- west from Albany and just over 3.5 hours +\- from the George Washington Bridge/NYC area.
0 NY Rt. 365, Lot# WP001
Oneida, New York 13478