Flippen’s Fruit Farm In Western TN Is Coming To Auction
- Interactive Map
Coming to auction is the former Flippen's Fruit Farm in western Tennessee. Established in the 1950s, the farm continues to grow top-quality peaches and blackberries across the 177+/- available acres. The property includes 2,700+/- peach trees and numerous production, retail and restaurant buildings along the county road frontage. The 3BR/2BA home, along with several additional home sites, is also available in this sale. Recreational opportunities include fishing in the stocked ponds and hunting deer & turkeys in the accessible woods beyond the orchards. Use all or part of this offering to continue producing fruit or start your own business.
TRACT 1 – 84.64+/- ac
The former Flippen's Fruit Farm was a staple in West Tennessee ever since the 1950's when Jack and Diane began selling apples and peaches. Recently, the farm continues to grow top-quality peaches and blackberries. The tract includes 2,200+/- peach trees, a 100x60 packing house with a 36x36 walk-in cooler and 35x100 loading dock, a 175x35 building, a 20x20 tool shed, a 20x105 high tunnel, and a 20x12 portable store building with tent. Recreational opportunities include fishing in the pair of stocked ponds and hunting deer & turkeys in the accessible woods beyond the orchards. Continue the fruit production tradition, utilize the restaurant space and production facilities, or convert the farm into a winery, spa or destination retreat.
TRACT 2 – 52.01+/- ac - SELLING ABSOLUTE
Located just west across the road from the original Flippen's Fruit Farm, this property is fenced for livestock, includes a small barn and features an active peach orchard. The rolling hills flow down into a 7-acre lake stocked full of fish. Build your own homesite with breathtaking views of the lake below. If hunting is what you want, this tract will also suit your needs as lots of deer and turkeys call this place home. You will also frequently find ducks and geese using the lake for a resting area.
TRACT 3 – 40.31+/- ac - SELLING ABSOLUTE
Small acreage tract would make a great homesite with plenty of space for livestock or your very own homestead. The farm has a mix of established peach orchards, wooded areas, open land and a stocked pond. If you are looking for hunting, lots of deer and turkeys call this place home. Located less than 5 miles east of Reelfoot Lake, well known for its public fishing and hunting.
TRACT 4 – Home on 0.9+/- ac
This tract features a 3,288+/- sf single level brick home located on Shawtown Road, 12.5 miles northwest of Troy, TN and 5 miles east of Reelfoot Lake. Sitting on 0.9+/- ac, the roomy 3BR/2BA residence has plenty of space for anyone wanting to raise a family, including an extra space for a man-cave or a flex space for your hobbies. The master bath has been finished with a hot tub and a tiled shower. A metal roof should provide years of trouble-free maintenance. The home has a large patio out back overlooking the fruit farm and 2 large lakes. There is also a 2-car carport attached to the home.
- Auction Date: February 15, 2020
- Auction Time: Noon CST
- Auction Location: Flippen's Fruit Farm, 3734 Shawtown Road West, Troy, TN 38260
- Open Public Inspections: January 18, 2020 and February 2, 2020, 1 - 4 pm each day
- Bidders may participate in the auction on site or online at AuctionNetwork.com
- On site bidders should bring a government issued ID
- All properties and or any improvements thereon are sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” with no financing, inspection or other contingencies to sale. Final acreage totals are contingent on a survey
- This sale is subject to a 10% buyer’s premium
- Announcements on the day of the sale shall take precedence over any prior advertisements
- Each high bidder will sign a contract and must make a non-refundable deposit of 10% of the total purchase price (minimum may apply) immediately following auction - cash, cashier’s checks, personal checks and business checks (electronically processed) are accepted - the balance of the purchase price and all closing costs are due at closing within 30 days
- The property is sold free and clear of all taxes and installments of assessments for prior years but taxes and installments of assessments for the current year on the basis of the actual assessment shall be apportioned as of the scheduled date for the closing of title
- All information provided is derived from sources believed correct but is not guaranteed or warranted - Bidders shall rely entirely on their own information and judgment
- Possession at closing, subject to tenant’s rights, if any
- Flippen's Farm Dispersal Auction: Immediately following the auction, the farm equipment and personal property will be sold at auction. Items include Kubota tractors, implements, tools, and production supplies
- Priceless Flippen name
- 100 x 60 building with walk-in cooler
- 175 x 35 building
- 20 x 20 tool shed
- 2200 peach trees
- Large blackberry vines
- Large customer base
- Great place for a winery
- Beautiful ponds fully stocked
- Unlimited possibilities
- 7-acre lake
- Building sites
- Fenced for cattle
- Small barn
- Deer and turkeys
- Beautiful views
- Public hunting and fishing in the area
- Combination of timber and open ground
- 3 miles to Reelfoot Lake
- 3288 sq. ft. 3 bed, 2 bath home
- Flex space in the home
- Large patio
- 2 carports
- Metal roof
- Hot tub in master bath
- Wood burning stove
3734 Shawtown Road West
Troy, Tennessee 38260
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.