Skunk River Lodge - An Elite Southern Iowa Landholding
- Interactive Map
With a modern/rustic lodge overlooking its two and a half miles of river valley, this listing offers a chance for you to own a premiere investment that blends amenities with a world-class outdoor experience. Whether used as a permanent home, a private hunting getaway, or a business retreat; Skunk River Lodge represents the pinnacle recreational lifestyle.
Built for efficiency, comfort, and entertainment, a seasoned architectural vision shines throughout the fully-furnished lodge. Notice tasteful design in custom woodwork and stone, along with the subtle conveniences of walk-ins and instant hot water. You’ll appreciate the uncompromised quality evident in how each detail of the lodge was constructed. Even the view overlooking a one-acre stocked pond is perfect.
Glass trophy whitetails in their natural patterns throughout the year, as they navigate to and from 15 acres of food plots. Years of trail camera photos prove that top-end whitetails grow up here. This farm holds waterfowl year-round because of its combination of food and secluded water pockets. With the right vision, duck hunting could truly be off the charts. Pheasants thrive here too, thanks to the healthy stand of native prairie grass.
An annual income stream of approximately $85,000 comes from the farm’s tillable crop acreage and the Conservation Reserve Program, a government-funded initiative that compensates the property owner in exchange for developing wildlife habitat promoting soil and water conservation. While there’s a labyrinth of trails and roads on the property providing easy access across the farm, the best feature is an old railroad bed now used as a UTV trail. This allows year-round secluded access to the interior.
So many features make this landholding dynamic, but its foundation of size, diversity, and income allow flexibility to enhance it for a specific game animal.
If you’re interested in making the comfort, wildlife, and return of Skunk River Lodge part of your legacy, call Land Specialist Ben Harshyne at 319-853-1162 for a private full-day tour.
- 2.5 mile-wide contiguous farm with custom log home
- Annual income: $78,872 from CRP, approximately $6,000 from tillable, over $85K total
- Acres (m/l): 408 CRP, 351 timber/brush, 38 tillable
- Log Home: 2,972 sq. ft. 5 bedroom, 3 bath built for comfort and entertaining
- Heated floors, walk-in closets, finished basement, heated garage
- Hickory cabinets, granite countertops, custom woodwork throughout
- 16-foot vaulted ceiling with stone gas fireplace
- 35 x 51 metal building for storing heavy equipment
- One acre pond stocked with Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Sunfish
- Tremendous whitetails live on this farm - see trail camera pictures
- 15 acres of food plots compliment the best bedding on the farm
- Vast stretches of bottomland sanctuaries
- Skunk River corridor is well-known for top-end deer genetics
- The fourth largest non-typical buck taken in Iowa allegedly came from in this immediate area
- Several large landowners in the immediate area manage for mature bucks
- Dense population of waterfowl during duck hunting season, excellent habitat
- 78-acre prairie grass field is loaded with pheasants
- Old railroad bed gives dry access for a UTV across the interior of the farm
- Property is 2.5 miles wide, with over 5 miles of river frontage with great fishing
- 60 miles to Iowa City, 80 miles to Des Moines
- 20 miles to small airport for private travel
- Farm management available for hire if desired
17016 282nd Street, Lot#WP001
Sigourney, Iowa 52591
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.