The Perfect Getaway Spot Near Hays, Kansas
- Interactive Map
This awesome tract of land features a 1.5 acre pond, a spring fed stream, fertile tillable acres, and is situated in a very scenic and peaceful location less than 5 miles from Hays, KS. The main feature of this farm is the amount of water located within the roughly 64 acres of fenced grassland. This portion of the farm has a spring fed stream running through which feeds into the pond located on the west side. The pond has proven to be a waterfowl magnet during certain times of the year and will most certainly be a great fishing hole for the new owner and family. Finding a farm for sale with an established pond site this close to Hays is hard to come by. With the grassland being fully fenced, the buyer will have the option to graze livestock/horses or rent this portion of the property to provide income return from the land.
The entire Eastern portion of the property consists of approximately 115 acres of expired CRP grass that can be converted back to cropland, remain in its current state of tall upland habitat, or eventually applied for renewal back into the CRP program at some point. If one chose to convert these acres back to cropland, it certainly has the fertile soil types to make this transition much easier than normal. Over 80% of the expired CRP acres are fertile Class II Harney silt loam soils!
This farm has great diversity with its many recreational qualities provided by great hunting and fishing opportunities provided by the pond and tall upland habitat; the opportunity to add good grass and fertile dirt to an active farming/ranching operation; or the potential for a very scenic and peaceful site for building your future home. Contact the listing agents today to discuss this great farm or to schedule a visit!
- Only 5 +/- miles NE of Hays, KS
- Located on Emmeram Road,1.5 +/- miles NW of Catharine, KS
- Spring fed 1.5 acre pond
- Spring fed stream feeds into the pond
- 114.90 +/- acres of expired CRP grass
- 63.27 +/- acres of native fenced grassland
- Cattle guard at main entrance along Emmeram Rd
- Excellent soils on the expired CRP land. These acres could easily be converted back to productive cropland
- 80% Harney silt loam, 0-3% slopes (91.91 acres); Other soil types include Armo loam, Roxbury silt loam, and Harney-Armo complex
- The pond is a waterfowl magnet for this area and will make a nice fishing hole for the new owner
- With its close proximity to Hays, this could be a nice building site for a country home. Beautiful views and landscape with only 1.5 miles of gravel road travel from Hays
- 2020 Real Estate taxes were $963.98
- Located within the NE/4 & E 825 S/2 NW/4 of Section 5-13-17 in Ellis County, KS
Emmeram Road, Lot#WP001
Hays, Kansas 67601