Otter Creek Ranch: A Waterfowl And Wildlife Mecca in Kansas
Very few properties can check all the boxes when it comes to recreation, this property literally has it all for the serious outdoorsman. Situated approximately 30 miles west of the famous waterfowl refuge Cheyenne Bottoms which is the largest marsh in the interior U.S. located in the heart of the Central Flyway. It’s very common for this property to hold thousands of waterfowl during season with over 30 +/- acres of main lake water and an additional 30 +/- acres of water throughout the winding Otter Creek. Standing timber exists throughout the creek making it feel as if you were hunting Stuttgart Arkansas mallards. Very thick timber and mature CRP grass throughout the property also provide some of the best whitetail deer hunting in the county, be sure to check out the trail camera pictures. Equipped with two Banks blinds and two 600 pound all-season feeders that are strategically positioned over food plots. Three different 5-acre food plots have been planted to standing milo providing food for all wildlife throughout the stressful winter months. 2 clover plots sit adjacent to the timber making for picture-perfect setups for those crisp November mornings we all dream of. Approximately 260 acres of CRP currently enrolled until 2022 paying $9,500. The CRP is an upland bird magnet holding hundreds of pheasants and quail throughout the year. The 15 acres of milo food plots are a buffet for the upland birds, almost making it too easy while following a bird dog with a shotgun. Numerous mature cottonwoods are ideal roost trees for the Rio Grande turkeys that are prevalent along Otter Creek. 4 brand new locked metal gates exist on every entrance. Whether its waterfowl, deer, turkeys, upland birds or fish this place has it all and then some, a true diamond in the rough that you will soon realize while viewing the property. Give the listing agent Mitch Keeley a call today to set up your private showing of this one in a million waterfowl paradise before it sells!!
- Located approximately 30 miles south of Hays and 30 miles west of Great Bend. Just off Highway 183.
- Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the state with over 60 acres of water when at full capacity. Very common to have hundreds of ducks and geese on the property at any time.
- Food plots exist throughout the property holding wildlife throughout the year. Two Banks blinds and two 600 pound all season feeders are in place.
- Thick timber and CRP grass make for dynamite whitetail hunting. Usually 20-50 deer living on the property.
- Over a mile of continuous Otter Creek frontage with steep banks full of timber making the creek fully secluded
- Over 260 acres of CRP enrolled in the program until 2022 paying 9,500$ annually. The CRP is an upland bird magnet with very thick draws leading to the milo food plots. Pheasants and Quail are numerous on this tract.
- 4 new 25-foot metal gates at each entrance of the property. A one strand barbed wire fence completely surrounds this tract. No through roads on the south or north boundary.
- Approximately 30 miles from Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Refuge which is the largest marsh in the interior of the United States
- Awesome turkey hunting with several mature toms currently living on the property
- Bass, catfish, crappie and sunfish have been stocked in the years past
- 100 % of the seller’s Mineral rights will pass to new buyer
Hwy 183 & Ave T, Lot#WP001
Rush Center, Kansas 67575