Whitetails, Wild Turkeys and Trout Fishing on the Genegantslet
- Interactive Map
It’s time for all your country living dreams to come true with this secluded two-home estate that features high-speed fiber-optic internet in both houses. Updated country chic contemporary home and guest house surrounded by beautiful landscaping in your own private, wooded nature preserve with approx. 1790’ frontage on the Genegantslet Creek, a NYS registered and stocked trout stream and over 2100’ of road frontage. This unique compound offers so many opportunities, with a 2010 full remodel of the original house along with a 2013 new addition featuring a connecting foyer and 3600 sf combined living space. In the main house, there are 4 bedrooms, including TWO master bedrooms, each with their own ensuite bathrooms and an additional full bath w/75-gallon soaking tub. Take in the peaceful views of woods, stream and gardens from the 4 decks and 2 porches on the main house, including private decks on both master suites. Freshly painted, contemporary color schemes compliment the natural wood floors & cathedral ceilings, while the spacious kitchen offers maple cabinetry, updated beveled Formica countertops, and all stainless appliances. The modern light-filled bathrooms have glass wraparound shower enclosures, waterfall showerheads/sprayers, including one master ensuite with stylish “age in place” safety features. NEW installed 11/20 Navien NCB-210E High Efficiency Condensing Combination Boiler with 10 year wattanty and 9/18 installed In-Duct UV whole-home air purification system. There is also a free standing hospital grade HEPA air purifier with 1000 sf coverage. The newer decorative gas stove in the main living area provides an additional 30,000 BTUs of warmth and coziness. All three stone hearths in both the main and guest houses, as well as the guest house chimney, were built from stones gathered from this property. The guest house, set over 100 yards apart from the main house, offers privacy and opportunities for family housing, rental, BnB, or business providing additional income potential. It offers approx. 1440 sf of living space, with 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, open living/dining areas, cathedral ceilings, a large stone fireplace upstairs and a stone hearth with wood stove downstairs in the finished walk-out basement, and an approx. 12’x30’ deck overlooking the 2 acre, park-like open yard with immaculate landscaping, original stone walls, apple & pear trees, flowering crabapple trees, blueberry & blackberry bushes, and a separate 1/3 acre wildlife food plot of perennial clover, winter rye, and fescue that can be watched from the kitchen window. Both houses, each with its own separate two-car garage, are hidden well off a town-maintained road. Sculpted gardens throughout the compound area include mature herbs and perennials. A focal stone patio with firepit, provides electric and water ready to easily add any additional features. Enjoy the peaceful views of the changing seasons from every window of both houses. In this natural park-like setting, a stream with waterfalls runs past the main house, cascading over 800’ down to the Genegantslet Creek below. There are easy to walk trails meandering through a forest of hardwoods and hemlocks. With over one-third of a mile of frontage to the middle of stream, there are several nice deep clear pools for great fishing and swimming. Huge mature oaks produce an abundance of acorn mast, and heavily used deer runs stretch along the river by these oaks. On the back end of the property, additional easy to access trails wind throughout, and plateaus in the terrain provide places where the deer come in, feed and bed. Nicely managed timber of a mixed variety could produce additional high value future timber cuts. Abundant wildlife here, includes whitetail deer, wild turkey, ruffed grouse, pheasant, songbirds as well as small game. Less than 10 minutes away, is the 3254-acre Long Pond State Forest, which has a 117-acre Lake and 28-acre lake offering fishing and also 4 miles of snowmobiling trails, hiking, horseback riding and hunting. Dorchester Park on the Whitney Point Reservoir, a 1200-acre lake with NYS boat launch is less than 20 minutes away and adjoins the Whitney Point Multi-Use State Land. This is a rare opportunity to own a unique, move-in ready, nature-filled retreat; with high speed internet, frontage on a NYS registered trout stream, and which offers income potential. All in a private location yet close to shopping, restaurants, cultural events and performing arts. Centrally located approx. 20 minutes to Binghamton, approx. 45 minutes to Ithaca and Cornell University, approx. 75 minutes to Syracuse/SU, 2 hours to Albany, approx. 3 hours to New York City or Philadelphia and less than 5 hours to Boston or Toronto.
- Two houses: approx. 3600 sf country chic contemporary main house with 4 Bed/3 bath, newly updated; and an approx. 1440 sf, 2 bed/1.5 bath guest house, each with its own 2 bay detached garage
- Manicured landscaping, stone patios, fire pit, perennial & herb gardens, original stone walls, cultivated fruit trees and berry bushes
- Park-like setting with huge oak and hemlock, easy access trails throughout
- Approx. 1790 feet of frontage on NYS registered and stocked trout stream, Genegantslet Creek
- Well-managed woodlot with a nice mix of future harvestable timber
- Diverse property is a sanctuary for all kinds of local wildlife, including whitetail deer, wild turkey, grouse and pheasant, and small game, as well as prime fishing on 1790 feet frontage of the popular Genegantslet Creek, a NYS registered and stocked trout system
- Approx. 10 min. away from the 3254 acre Long Pond State Forest, which has an approx. 117 acre lake and approx. 28 acre lake offering fishing and approx. 4 miles snowmobiling trails, hiking, horseback riding and hunting
- Also nearby is Dorchester Park on the Whitney Point Reservoir, approx. 1200 acre lake with NYS boat launch and outstanding fishing for pike, bass and panfish. The State Park is less than 20 min. away and adjoins the Whitney Point Multi-Use State Land
- Private location yet close to amenities (shopping, restaurants, cultural & performing arts) with Binghamton approx. 38 min., Cortland approx. 40 min., Ithaca/Cornell University approx. 1 hour, New York City/George Washington Bridge is approx. 3 hours and 19 min.
107 Hayes Lane Lot#WP001
Smithville, New York 13841