Secluded, Wooded Hunters Dream, Stream, Borders NYS Lands
- Interactive Map
Located in an area of NYS dedicated for decades to wildlife conservation and management, this affordable wooded property is the ultimate secluded hunting parcel and borders another 1835 acres of the Pitcher Spring State Forest. Private access is through a Right of Way from State Highway 23, far set back off the road. The property is a mix of hemlock, beech, maple and cherry, offering future timber harvests to the new owner. The logging that has taken place in the past enhanced the property for wildlife and whitetail with better bedding coverage and forbs. The adjoining farmland provides an attractive food source for whitetail, turkey and other small game. While this property adjoins Pitcher Springs State Forest, just 1.5 miles across the road is Balsam Swamp State Forest, which features a trail system, hiking, hunting, fishing on Balsam Pond, camping, horseback riding and snowmobile trails. Located within the State Forest is Balsam Pond, a 153-acre lake with a boat launch, offers fishing for a mix of largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, chain pickerel, yellow perch, brown bullhead and sunfish. Additional fishing is available on the nearby renowned Otselic River which provides anglers with the opportunity to catch brown & brook trout, walleye and smallmouth bass. The property itself is largely flat with nice ATV or hiking trails through it and offers several choices for tree or ground stand locations providing good shooting lanes as well. While this parcel is remote and privately located, amenities and shopping are available within 5 miles in Cincinnatus, as well as Norwich 20 minutes away, and Cortland within 30 minutes. It is less than 3.5 hours to NYC/George Washington Bridge. This is a sweet hunting and wildlife location, with the benefits of bordering State Forest, at a very affordable price.
- Very secluded wooded enclave bordering 1835 acres of NYS Land at Pitcher Springs State Forest
- Private Right of Way through neighboring agricultural fields to property
- Area managed and renowned for wildlife diversity & great Whitetail and wild turkey hunting
- Former logging activity enhanced whitetail habitat for bedding and forbs
- Heavily wooded with hemlock as well as mixed hardwoods including future timber with maple, beech and cherry
- 800’ stream runs through property
- Many fishing opportunities nearby, particularly the renowned Ostelic River for brown & brook trout, walleye and smallmouth bass
- Easy access closeby to NYS main snowmobile trails - C5E NYSSA Trail on Cook Road and Burdick Road
- Amenities and shopping available 5 miles +\- in Cincinnatus, 20 minutes +\- to Norwich, 30 minutes +\- to Cortland.
- Less than 3.5 hours to NYC/George Washington Bridge and Philadelphia is 3.75 hours +\- away.
0 State Highway 23, Lot# WP001
Pitcher, New York 13136