Turnkey Hunting Property With Home And Outbuilding In Highly-Managed Area
- Interactive Map
Properties in neighborhoods like this are SO RARE! This farm literally sits right in the middle of one of the best neighborhoods in SE IA. There are several thousand acres of highly managed properties surrounding this farm. I know of many giant bucks that have been documented and/or harvested in this area. In addition to being in what might be the best neighborhood in SE IA, this farm is laid out perfectly for killing deer. There are approximately 22 tillable acres currently being farmed and an additional 14 acres of food plots that are planted and ready to go. There is a very nice 4 BR/3BA house that was built in 2006 and a 35’ x 55’ shop with a concrete floor and a separate exercise room. The property has great access points on the N and E sides. 3 tower blinds (2 Muddy Blinds and 1 bale blind) overlook food plots consisting of milo, brassicas, and clover. There is also a nice pond (approximately 1 acre) and a seasonal creek on the property! This farm is literally ready to hunt this fall and the new owner should have a chance to see and harvest the type of bucks that have made Iowa famous. It’s obvious from looking at the harvest and trail cam pics that this property has provided a lifetime of memories for the current owners! It should do the same for the new owners! Call Rich with questions or to schedule a showing.
- Located in the middle of an incredible trophy managed neighborhood with several thousand acres under management. Check out all of the harvest and trail cam pics from this property
- Approximately 20 minutes NW of Albia
- Extremely well-manicured immaculate farm with mowed trails, food plots, cedar tree screens, nice gates, etc. It’s evident that this property is very well taken care of
- 4 BR, 3 Bath house with large great room. The house was built in 2006 and has a very cool rustic finish! Check out the pictures of the house to see how the owner incorporated farm equipment, barn wood, old hardwood floors, etc! There are two bedrooms and two baths downstairs and two bedrooms upstairs. The master suite is on the main floor. The home features 2 fire places (one in the great room and one in the kitchen) and two separate laundry rooms so hunting clothes can be kept scent free. There is also a large built in gun safe downstairs that stays with the house
- 35’ x 55’ shop with concrete floors and exercise room. Perfect for storing all the farming and hunting equipment you’ll need
- There is a nice storm shelter right beside the house
- Approximately 22 acres are being cash rented for $150/acre or $3300/year. The owner has an agreement with the farmer that the farmer will leave standing crops for food plots if desired. The cash rent is adjusted accordingly
- Approximately 14 acres of additional food plots are planted. This year they are a combination of clover, brassicas, and milo. There should be plenty of late season food this fall! 2 Muddy tower blinds and one bale blind overlook these food plots and will provide comfortable scent free places to hunt and watch the wildlife from
- A very nice pond (looks to be about an acre) sits in the timber East of the house. This pond was stocked but according to the owner, river otters recently got in the pond and wiped out the fish so it may need to be restocked
- Excellent turkey hunting
- Several gated entrances on the N and E sides of the property
- Nice trails provide access throughout the property
- Several acres of pasture have recently been fenced off and seeded down near the house for raising livestock. There is a storage building and a chicken coup inside the fence. This area could be converted back into farmland if desired
- Taxes are approximately $3100/year
5256 160th St
Melrose, Iowa 52569
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.