Top Shelf Combo Farm In South Central IA
- Interactive Map
I love working with top shelf farms and especially ones that are located in top shelf managed areas and this farm is exactly that! One look at the aerial and the surrounding area will tell any avid trophy hunter this area is legit. On top of that the immediate area is not only managed at a high level, it also has multiple 400-1000 acre land owners. The owner’s work on this farm has been 2nd to none with all income acres laid out and farmed for longevity NOT short-term max out. The acres being cropped are in the best areas for soil quality AND in areas it will not erode. Hay buffers all the crop ground to keep erosion minimal and the entire NE field was planted to alfalfa this year. Simply put, not many farms in today’s market are managed for the future as this one has been. If you have been in the market for that “perfect 50/50” farm in a managed area, this is a rare opportunity for you.
- Top Shelf Combo Farm located in killer management area
- Property is located 1 hour from West Des Moines, 30 minutes from Osceola and 10 minutes from Thayer
- Very diverse property with mature timber, brush/hedge thicket, corn, alfalfa hay, grass hay, and plenty of water sources
- 123 M/L acres of tillable currently on the farm with 50 acres in corn/bean rotation, 48 acres in grass hay, and 25 acres seeded down to Alfalfa in the spring of 2020.
- All income producing acres have been on a “share crop” basis with one tenant taking care of all 3 crops.
- 2019 the crop ground avg 43 bushel beans and 100 bales of hay where cut off the hay ground
- CSR2 avg on the 123 production acres is 47
- All tillable acres has had lime applied in last 3 years
- TSI has been performed on specific areas of the farm with no timber harvest being performed
- TSI was done in line with NRCS forestry expert and plan
- Easy access to any part of the farm and the crop ground was laid out with a hay buffer on every side. This makes access while crops are in as easy as any time of the year.
- Established food plots and 4 tower blinds on the property
- 2 acre pond and 2 small drainage creeks on the property
- Connectivity” on the farm is as good as it gets with giant timber and tons of cover on EVERY side of the property!
- The surrounding area of this tract is loaded with large landowners that are “like minded” managers
- Deer number and quality are top notch (see trail pics)
- Very little to NO EHD the last couple years in this area and the trail pictures show it
- Very little to no hunting on the farm for the past 3 years
- Timber on the farm is full of mature Oak and Walnut but very thick and full of understory
- Extremely quiet area
- Thousands of trail pics not posted
Thayer, Iowa 50254
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.