Turnkey Recreational Farm And Custom Home Minutes From Downtown Omaha
- Interactive Map
As you drive down the tree-lined driveway, you’ll know you’re entering a truly special property. Welcome to the Banks Farm.
This farm was strategically developed to provide the ultimate combination of outdoor recreation in a mid-sized farming operation. There is a balance of income-producing row crop, terraced native grass hillsides, fenced pasture, and timbered habitat for the flourishing wildlife that call this farm home.
Tremendous care and vision went into the renovation and construction of the home and buildings on the property. The custom home features high-end finishes with remarkable attention to detail. The party barn is a one-of-a-kind structure that is sure to “wow” your guests as an incredible venue for three-season events and gatherings. The newly constructed pole building houses the elaborate list of equipment that is included in the sale and makes this property truly turnkey.
Three stocked fishing ponds, totaling nearly eight acres, are tucked away in the center of the farm. Fish from the multiple docks, or by boat, for trophy largemouth bass, crappie, bluegill, and catfish. There’s even a rustic fishing cabin to store all of your tackle and necessary fishing gear.
A 40’ x 80’ machine shed was built in 2017 to store all of the necessary equipment to manage the farm. The equipment is included in the sale and a complete list can be obtained from the Listing Agent. A partial list of included items below:
-John Deere 5065E tractor w/ cab & loader
-John Deere 3320 tractor open station w/ belly finish mower
-Bobcat T320 track skid loader
-John Deere Z930M zero turn mower 60”
-Ford F250 farm truck w/ snowplow
-John Deere Gator 825i S4 UTV w/ Boss snowplow
-5 Misc. four-wheelers (Adult & Youth)
-Multiple tractor attachments
-Multiple skid loader attachments
- The 3,200 sq. ft. home features 2 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, large open great room and dining room, lofted family room, mud room, and 2 car attached garage. The finishes in the home are first-class with no expenses spared for quality and custom design
- Large great room features radiant in-floor heating, floor to ceiling windows with remote controlled blinds to adjust the amount of incoming natural light, and a gas-assist wood fireplace
- Custom-built exposed post and beam architecture provides one-of-a-kind style and functionality
- The master bedroom is located on the main level, adjacent to the kitchen. It features a dry-stack gas fireplace, and the on-suite master bathroom has a jetted tub, custom tile shower, sky light, and large walk-in closet
- The galley-style kitchen is equipped with commercial grade stainless steel oversized refrigerator, gas stove/oven combo, and two dishwashers. All surfaces in the kitchen, bar, and coffee nook are granite
- The outdoor patio is truly exceptional. The fully landscaped outdoor space has a custom large stone running water feature that is the focal point and centrally located. It is surrounded by a stone fire pit, outdoor kitchen, and rustic covered gazebo
- A heated/air conditioned 936 sq. ft. workshop was built in 2017. This is the perfect shop for wood working, crafts, art creation, or any other hobby that requires its own space outside of the home
- The original barn has been completely renovated and turned into an amazing party barn. An elevated sound stage for live entertainment has been added so this is the perfect space to host outdoor weddings, corporate events, barn parties, holiday parties, and family reunions. There is more than enough room to host parties in excess of 100 people
- The livestock barn and fenced pasture accommodates 2-3 horses. Additional pasture and grazing acres could easily be added
- Three well-maintained and stocked ponds, totaling just under 8 +/- acres of open water, are located on the property. These ponds enhance the natural beauty of the property and provide water sports and fishing opportunities for native Iowa fish species
- 82.64 +/- FSA tillable acres with an average weighted CSR2 of 36.4 (AgriData, Inc. 2020) are currently in row crop production
- 106 +/- FSA tillable acres with an average weighted CSR2 of 47.2 (AgriData, Inc. 2020) are currently in native grasses. These acres could be converted to row crop or alfalfa/hay production to increase the income potential of the farm
- The balance of the farm consists of just under 50 +/- acres of timber, brush and phenomenal wildlife habitat. There are multiple intersections of tree lines, ditches, and creeks funnel wildlife and make excellent ambush locations for the savvy bowhunter or gun hunter
- Miles of groomed and mowed trails run throughout this farm. Excellent for hiking, horseback riding, UTV/ATV riding, trail running, and even cross-country skiing
- The home and buildings use energy saving LED lighting, high efficiency heat pumps, in floor radiant heat, tankless hot water heaters, and high R value insulation. This efficiency leads to a monthly average utility bill of less than $225 (2020)
- Located less than 21 miles to downtown Omaha and only about 15 miles to Council Bluffs with door-to-door hard surface roads. No gravel roads
- Glenwood Community School District
- Located in Section 13 of Oak Township (13-73N-43W)
- Annual property taxes: $11,810.00 (2019)
53217 230th St
Glenwood, Iowa 51534
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.